Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mea Culpa

I sleep next to women that I don't deserve
They like to hurt my pride, while I work their nerves

-Atmosphere

It's too late and the night's been too long for me to articulate what I want to. So, I will take a brief moment to be a bit emo about my old lady. Click away to avoid this nonsense...

The Sheriff, for all of her myriad and colorful flaws, is the most amazing woman I have ever met. Just when I start to take her for granted, I think about all of the small things. The camping trips, bringing me food at the bar, making dinner, playing in the dirt, comic books and bad movies, taking in stray friends...

At this point (well over 8 years later) it is easy to take for granted that I am sharing my life with a beautiful, talented, fun, obnoxious and bossy woman who is inspired to make the world a better place and filled with love and passion for the people around us (and even me after all of these stinky and sometimes heartbreaking years).

Today she still makes me a better person and, frankly, I'm not sure I deserve her. Kathleen, I love you like nobody's business.

No comments: